Software as a Service (SaaS) analytics offer analytics features such as rich, interactive dashboard and reporting through a web service. SaaS analytics are enabled either as a business intelligence (BI) tool that is delivered via a SaaS deployment model or as an on-premises solution that embeds into a SaaS application.
SaaS analytics as a business intelligence tool
SaaS analytics as a business intelligence tool is a delivery model in which applications are deployed outside of an organization’s network usually through a cloud deployment model, and accessed by end users usually through the web. This reflects the deployment model of many SaaS applications and comes with many benefits:
- Low cost for a tight budget. Many SaaS analytic vendors offer flexible licensing models such as subscriptions or pay-as-you-go rather than perpetual licensing with annual maintenance fees.
- Rapid deployment without the need for operational and maintenance costs. SaaS analytics deployment times can be as low as a few minutes. Your users or customers can start firing out reports that meet their needs rather than focus on the back end maintenance of the analytical tool.
- Flexible deployment through public, private, or hybrid cloud environments with on-premises server deployment capabilities as well.
- Easily scalable for a growing user base. Your SaaS analytics tool can scale to your growing user base demand.
Embedded SaaS analytics
Often times, organizations deliver applications through a SaaS delivery model, and on-premises BI tools have adapted to this deployment model through embedding analytics directly into a SaaS application. Similar to a SaaS-deployed BI tool, embedded SaaS solutions often offer multi-tenancy for adaption to any SaaS framework, and they are deployable via many cloud or on-premises models and offer flexible licensing options.
The benefits of Embedded SaaS Analytics in a nutshell:
- Seamless integration with whitelabeling options into your SaaS application. The reporting capabilities and other features will look and feel as if you developed it on your own.
- Your SaaS application will stand out with robust reporting and analytics features putting you ahead of the competition.
- Save time and money by enlisting the services of a BI vendor that delivers SaaS analytics capabilities. The deployment is quick and has low maintenance and operational costs.
- Flexible licensing models such as subscription or pay-as-you-go models that offer great value with scalability.
- Software as a Service (SaaS) analytics offers two interchangeable definitions:
- as a SaaS-deployed BI tool, or
- as an on-premises BI solution embedded into a SaaS application.
- Both models offer great benefits and flexibility for any SaaS deployment model.